Well, I survived my first week of school. This has actually been one of my easiest first weeks ever! I only have 19 students in my class, so that is a huge improvement from the 32 I started with last year. My students have been doing very well so far. Of course they are all still very nervous and shy. I'm sure this next week, many of them will begin to come out of their shells. I have to say, the hardest thing for me has been my sore feet and the extreme fatigue I feel at the end of the day. I've come home each day and just crashed on the couch. I'm sure after a few weeks I'll get back in the swing of things and be okay. I've just been so lazy for the past two months, I have to get used to being on my feet all day again :-).
On Friday, some of my students figured out that I was pregnant. One little girl said, "My mom wanted me to ask if you were having a baby." Then another little girl said, "My mom has a big tummy too because she had 4 kids, but she's not having anymore." So just remember all you parents...kids don't know how to be discrete. They always tell it like it is, so be careful what you tell them :-). Then some of the students began asking me questions about my pregnancy. One little girl asked what I was having. When I told her it was a boy, she slumped her shoulders and slowly walked back to her desk. She was not thrilled. Another little girl asked if he was going to be in our class. You just have to love their questions. Now let's just hope I don't get any, "Where do babies come from?" questions :-)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Back to School
Posted by Smith Family at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love the questions! The little guys are so funny!
Post a Comment