Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our Little Boy

The other day, our doctor decided to do an ultrasound to check on Tyler's growth. They discovered that he is a little too small for his age. He weighed in at 3lbs 3oz which is in the tenth percentile for his age. I really wasn't surprised since Mom and Amy have both had small babies. I'm just glad to hear that he weighs more than my birth weight of 2lbs 12oz. He doesn't seem too small to me since there are still 7 weeks to go but they want to keep a close eye on him. So the doctor is sending me to have a stress test done twice a week. I went into the hospital today for my first monitoring. Tyler didn't seem to like those monitors on my belly very much. He was kicking and wiggling around like crazy. All that kicking was good news to the doctors so Tyler passed his test today :-). He still hasn't slowed down much since I got back home. He is still kicking away in there. I just love every little movement. It's so exciting to feel him moving all around.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I will be checking your blog to see updates on Mr. Tyler!
Isnt it amazing how these little peanuts move all around inside of us. Even though you will love having him here when he comes...You will miss those kicks and punches.
Hope all is well with you Laura!
P.s... I love what you did with your blog page.
I bought the program Memory Mixer..just started but, hope to come up with some fun stuff for my boys!
Thanks for the comment!!! :- )

Jean said...

Oh my gosh... 52 days!  I can hardly believe it...Tyler's almost here!  I glad to hear that the doctors didn't upset you...sometimes I think there is just too much technology!  Neal was only 6lbs 7oz....and look at him today!  Sounds like he's going to come out fighting! Love, Mom (Jean)

mommyof2boys said...

Glad to hear that he is doing good. He sounds a lot like my boys...always kicking mommy. All three of the boys will off running around and causing trouble together. I think we will have our hands full with these boys. :-)
I can't believe that Tyler is almost here...seems like yesterday that you told us you were pregnant.

Unknown said...

That's what I miss most about being pregnant- feeling Grace doing gymnastics inside of me! I'm so glad he passed his test and that your doctor is taking extra precautions, you can't be too careful. You are both in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

The kicks of a baby are the best!! I'm glad that your doctor is keeping an extra close eye on you and Tyler. Now just stay off the internet and let your doctor do the checking :). I can't believe he is almost here!!! It will be fun to have you home and we can get together during the day :-) You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Christine Tax said...

Those kicks are the best feelin gin the world. Sometime annoying when they are right in your ribs, but they are awesome! Enjoy every minute of these last weeks. You will never get this time back and they grow up so quickly!