Monday, November 17, 2008

Hospital
















Well, I thought little Tyler was coming early yesterday. I was having some really bad pains that I thought were labor pains at first but then they wouldn't go away. It was just a constant pain. It reminded me of 5 years ago when I had a kidney stone. So I called the doctor and he said I was probably right and could try to pass them at home. After about 2 hours of being in horrible pain, I couldn't take it anymore so I went into the hospital. They admitted me and gave me some pain medication. Unfortunately they had to try about 5 different kinds of pain killers before they found one that finally worked. So poor Tyler had to endure all of that medicine as well. I'm sure he got a nice rest from all those meds though. To help cheer me up, Mom, Dad, and Chris sent me some really pretty flowers. All the nurses commented on how good they smelled when they came in the room. After about 24 hours, I finally passed the stone and got to leave the hospital. Well, I'm glad to be home and hope that I won't have to go through that again. The good thing is, Tyler is okay and still where he belongs in my belly and after some rest, I'll be back to normal as well.

5 comments:

mommyof2boys said...

Glad that you are home and feeling better. Hopefully you won't have them again for a long time. Those birthing beds are horrible, aren't they? I am surprised that you got any rest at all.

Unknown said...

OMG! Laura, that is horrible! I hear that once people get kidney stones they are more likely to get them again. Drink lots of water!!!!! Poor thing!!!!!!!! You and Tyler are in our prayers!

Christine Tax said...

Oh my Gosh! You poor thing. That is no fun! At least Tyler will be staying in there for a while!

Anonymous said...

Okay no more posting pictures of flowers first and then you in a hospital bed. We were worried that Tyler came too early. Made our hearts skip a beat with worry! We are happy he is still where he should be so he can grow some more. Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that :-( Not fun!! Let me know if you need anything. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!!

Lindsey said...

Seriously Laura...I jumped on your blog and saw you laying there in a hospital bed and thought you had Tyler. I am sorry for the pain that you had to go thru. Not that you arent uncomfortable enough - to throw that kinda pain in there is just not right! Hope you are feeling better and glad to hear Tyler is doing good.