We went to the cardiologist today to have a fetal echo done on our little girl. Since Tyler had a VSD they wanted to check her heart to make sure everything was okay. Tyler's cardiologist told us that his heart condition was not hereditary and it wasn't likely for us to have another child with this condition. So we went into the ultrasound feeling pretty confident that everything would be just fine. So it was quite a shock for us to hear that she has a hole in her heart as well. After we were told the news I spent the rest of the visit trying to keep my composure, so I don't understand all of the details yet but her hole is smaller and in a better location than Tyler's. Her hole is in the muscle which in most cases, it will close up all on it's own as the muscle tissue is able to grow back together. It is also in the lower chamber of the heart which is a plus because it isn't near any of the valves. We will go back to the cardiologist in 7 weeks so they can check her heart again. The doctor gave us three scenarios that can occur; the hole can close sometime during the pregnancy, it can close shortly after birth, or she can live with it her whole life without any complications. This was a relief to hear but it has been a real emotional time knowing that my poor girl has a heart defect. We will be praying that this is resolved for her before she makes her entrance into this world.
![]() |
| This image shows where her VSD is located. |

4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your news. However, it seems like there are a lot more positives. We are keeping you guys and your little baby girl in our prayers.
We will keep your sweet little girl in our prayers. Hang in there, momma!!! Hugs to you :-)
Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear this. I am shocked! However, it sounds much, much better than Tyler's defect. Hopefully it all will be resolved before the little lady is born! I will be praying for you all!
You know we're praying for this little girl....love, mom
Post a Comment