Happy Halloween! October was a great month. With the weather cooling down a bit towards the end of the month, we were able to enjoy some time outside.
We went to a Halloween Balloon Festival in Scottsdale that was amazing. When we got there, they were just filling up 20-30 balloons and it was quite a site. We were able to walk right up to the balloons and could feel the heat from the fire. They had blow up bouncers for the kids to play on and they got to go trick or treating at each balloon. It's definitely an event I'd like to attend again someday.
Tyler carved his pumpkin while Brooke took a nap. She is at an age where EVERYTHING goes in her mouth so to keep things simple...Tyler carved alone this year. Next year we'll let Brooke join in on the fun!
Tyler still likes to keep his hands clean as much as possible, so I cleaned out most of the pumpkin while he took little scoops out with a spoon. It was funny to watch him being extra careful not to get the guts on his fingers. Every time a little goo got on him, he had to run to go wash his hands. Such a goofy boy & such a fun time together.
This year Tyler was an "Inja" as he calls himself (Ninja-Power Ranger) and Brooklyn was a ghost. I got to make Brooke's costume from her bow all the way down to her leggings. I love that I am able to do that still (and that she lets me because I'm sure as she gets older it won't be so cool for mom to make her things anymore).
About a week before Halloween, Brooklyn began walking so taking a picture of these two was nearly impossible. Brooke wouldn't stand still, so Tyler was a trooper and walked beside her while we tried to get a picture.
Here are the three Super Hero Cousins- Ethan, Brendan, and Tyler. They managed to fill up 2 buckets each full of candy...Ugh, the chocolate is calling my name as I write. It's been so hard to resist...especially those yummy whoppers!
0 comments:
Post a Comment