Thursday, July 8, 2010

Visitor

About a week ago, I looked out the front window and found this visitor on our front porch! At first I thought Neal was playing a trick on me, so I walked outside to get a closer look, but it was the real deal. A "gopher snake" about 4-5 feet long. It stayed curled up on the porch all day and I stayed locked in the house...ALL DAY! When Neal came home, he rescued us by catching the snake and taking him out to the desert. I tried to get a video of Neal catching him but we were both dancing around the porch trying to stay away from the snake, so it wasn't possible!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if it was a bull snake when you posted the picture on facebook! At least it wasn't a rattler. Those snakes are actually good to have around...not on your porch though...show him your neighbors instead! Hee Hee!

Jillian said...

He was a big guy!! The boys still firmly believe that I should have let them bring him home. They also have made me promise that they get to help Neal catch the next one (if there is one) :-)

Smith Family said...

We're just guessing it's a gopher snake from what people have told us...maybe it is a bull snake, not sure.

Jillian-Let's hope there isn't another one!!! :-)

mommyof2boys said...

I am still amazed you went out there (more than once I might add) to take these pictures. I would have ran in the house and not come back out! It was a creepy looking snake whatever kind he was.