Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tough Guy


I'm happy to say Tyler is beginning to show more signs of his usual self. This morning Tyler gave me his first little smile and stuck out his tongue (which is his little trademark). I've been reading him books and he is beginning to reach out to touch them and kick them with his feet. He also took his rattle for a little bit and shook it around. These are huge accomplishments from yesterday when he was only opening his eyes for a few minutes at a time.

Tyler is also off oxygen now and later today they might remove his chest tubes and pacer wires that were put in place in case he needed a pacemaker to regulate his heartbeat.

Tyler has been so strong through this and we are so pleased with his progress. They say he might even be able to go home on Saturday!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so happy to see that, he looks great! There were alot of people out there praying for him, there really is the power of prayer! See you soon.
love you all, mom and Ian

Kelly & Marty said...

Laura, Tyler looks like he is making huge strides!!!! You all have been in our thoughts and prayers all week. I can not even imagine the range of emotions you must be going through. We are heading out of town on Sun but if you need anything before that please just ask. We would love to bring you dinner when we return. Thank you and Neal for keeping the blog updated. Yea Tyler, keep up the strong fight little man!!!!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much better he looks after just another day - that is wonderful!! I also see that he got his new bed :-)
Let us know if you need anything.