So this summer, Neal planned our vacation for us and kept our destination a secret. On Thursday morning we piled into the car and began heading up north. I was super excited to be headed off into the unknown (I just love surprises). As we're driving I'm imagining we're headed up to Sedona, Flagstaff, or maybe even Las Vegas...but after a while we turn off the main highway onto a road I've never been down. At first I thought, well this is fun we're headed on a new adventure. Although pretty soon we got deeper and deeper into the woods and farther and farther away from civilization. Without trying to let Neal know how disappointed I was I kept a smile on my face but began to worry I was going to be stuck in a tent out in the middle of the woods for 4 days (sorry I'm all about staying at places with full amenities). So with a smile on my face I silently prayed for some signs of civilization...
The house had a porch that wrapped all the way around it. We spent a lot of time out there just relaxing. Here Neal is putting out peanuts for the squirrels. We didn't actually have any come up close but we did have a heard of cattle walk right past the back of the house (which was backed up to the Tonto National Forest).
These pictures really don't do the bridge justice at all but there was a natural bridge in the rocks where water fell from the top. It looked a little like a cave that you could climb back in and at the bottom were rocks and ponds with fish in them. It was really pretty.
Here we're taking a break after the long hike down and into the cave. Tyler made Neal carry him most of the way (it was a long hike down and even more tiring on the uphill climb out).
0 comments:
Post a Comment