School is right around the corner and my summer vacation is coming to an end. This has been one of the toughest summers of my life. We started off our summer with a quick trip to Indiana to visit family and friends. Then as soon as we got home, Tyler had to have open heart surgery which was one of the scariest times I've ever faced. After a week in the hospital, we came home to only turn back around a few days later to spend another night in the hospital when Tyler seemed to be in a lot of pain. Luckily they got his pain under control and Tyler has been doing very well ever since. Through all of this I have taken 5 classes at the University of Phoenix this summer to get my Reading Specialist Endorsement. I've taken online and weekend classes so I could finish by summers end. It took a lot of late nights trying to complete my assignments while Tyler was asleep but I'm finally finished. I've been very fortunate to have a supportive husband, family, and friends to help me get through all of this and put up with my "grouchy" moments after having such little sleep. Well, I'm proud to say that all of my hard work has paid off because after a nerve racking interview last week, I am now the new Reading Interventionist at Marley Park!!! I will be working with K-3 students who need extra assistance in reading. I am really looking forward to trying out something different this year. It should be a nice change of pace for awhile. So while this summer has been extremely difficult, everything has worked out in the end with a health boy and a happy mommy!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray!! We are so excited for you and your new position. You will do great and those kids will be lucky to have you helping them. So glad Tyler is doing better - such a cute little guy :-)
Congratulations! You are much better than you give yourself credit for... I knew you'd do it! Hope it's all that you want it to be!
Congratulations on your new position! Those kids will be really lucky to have you. And hooray for being able to spend more time with Tyler.
Its so good to see him doing so well after the trauma he has gone through this summer.
Can't even tell you how excited I am for you! You totally deserve this! Enjoy not having to deal with the chaos of the classroom!
Post a Comment